Sunday, November 30, 2008

Hark The Herold Angels Sing...

Tomorrow is the first day of December. All the yellow, orange, and brown of Autumn gets put away, and out comes the red, white, and green of the Christmas season. The weather is finally getting cool enough to make a fire in the fireplace and to bake heartwarming meals in the oven. Now that the days are getting shorter, I am enjoying the little white lights that line the ceilings of the kitchen, dining room, bedroom and bath. The neighbors are also starting to decorate with pretty lights and Christmas displays; it's a joy seeing how it cheers up the streets in the darkness. Inside, it is not uncommon to find Buttons and Sweet Pea snuggling together to keep warm on the bed in the guest room or curled up in the sun in a south-facing window. It's marvelous how they have the ability to relax and nap so serenely. The Christmas season is upon us; I will make each day a celebration of my Saviour's birth.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Hello Auntie Bar,
I read your recent entry and thought about the Advent season. We are all anticipating Christmas, remember the anticiaption of the birth of Christ, and then think about our anticipation for the return of Christ.
I liked in Santa Ana many years. My youngest son was born at the Kiser Hospital in Anaheim Hills. There is a restaurant there that overlooks the hills that we used to go to many years past.
You can visit my blog by clicking my name.
Blessings,
Vicki