Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Simple Devotion

For Today...
Dear Lord,
I bring you my shortcomings...my inability to express and live out your love to those who mock you, and for holding a grudge, not knowing what to do (or not being obedient to do it...)
I bring you my worship and praise...That even when I was the person who used to mock and shun you, you still loved me and welcomed me back into your loving arms after 25 years of thinking I could white-knuckle it on my own...and that you allowed me make the choice of how I wanted to live my life and what kind of legacy I wanted to leave the world...
I bring you my prayer...that you would use me to be a humble light in the world to spread your message to true love for humanity especially to those who are struggling with accepting and understanding how you love us more that we could even imagine or comprehend...
You spoke to me... as I read other women's blogs today and saw the evidence of how you have touched so many lives already and have blessed us with a wholesomeness and creativity that is so beautiful and wonderful that it fills my heart with joy!
Thank you, Lord...
Photo by Lillie A Faris

1 comment:

Raquel said...

Great devotional. I, too, am thankful to God that he saw fit to love me and welcome me back after all of my riotous living.