Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Disney Adventure

Last week we met some of Bill's relatives for lunch at Downtown Disney; they were spending a few days doing Disneyland and California Adventure. We hadn't be there for awhile even though we live just ten miles away. Going into the Grand Californian Hotel is always a kick for me, especially around Christmas when they have their huge fireplace roaring and people are sitting around enjoying the ambiance of the lovely Christmas tree surrounded with beautiful (fake) presents.
I love the fantasy of imagining I'm at the Awahnee Hotel in Yosemite when I'm there since it's not practical drop everything and drive over there! I have to admit, the Ahwanee Hotel used to be more of a magical place to me when I was a kid, but now that I'm older, it's kinda lost some of its grandiosity... Strange how places get smaller when we get bigger.
I still enjoy the beauty here and it's a great place for people-watching. The vacation atmosphere is full of joy and lots of kids and families together on vacation... It was good to see our relatives one last time before they had to fly back to snowy Oregon and Washington.

2 comments:

Amber <3 said...

ah..Disneyland. I can't wait till the kids are old enough to go there so we can take them and they can enjoy it.

Melissa said...

I'll be going to the Floridian Disney in a few weeks with my own family - and looking forward to it.

I would certainly love it if you would add me to your list of frequent reads. And I will do the same.

I love the title photo for your blog. I do a lot of beading myself. I love adding button onto my necklaces.

Love and Kindness from Ottawa, Ontario