Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Where is Your Heart?

For Today...
Dear Lord,
I bring you my shortcomings... which I acknowledge are real, yet seem so irrelevant in light of the fact that it's all about you and what you have done.
I bring you my worship and praise... for being in control and having all authority in heaven and earth! And not expecting us to pay allegiance to anyone who works against Your Will...
I bring you my prayer... that everyone will be on the same page, as you have taught us, that what's important is character and not the color of one's skin.
You spoke to me... in your word today as our study of James 2:1-13 when I read:
1 Samuel 16:7--Man looks at the outward appearance, but God looks at the heart.
And Matthew 23:27-We can look as clean as "whitewashed tombs", but be wormy and gross on the inside...
Picture by Lilly A Faris
If you would like to participate in this weekly exercise on Wednesdays called "Simple Devotion", click here to find out how...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

hey! Well, I went to add pictures to the last post, and blogger.com was acting super craptacular so I couldn't move the pictures where I wanted them and had to start from scratch.

He was a handsome lad, and apparently a real nice guy. One of my grandmother's friends grew up in the village where he moved to in his "retirement," and said he always had a smile.

Somedays I have to double check where my heart is. Somedays I have to remind myself that just because it's not Sunday, it doesn't mean that I can't give praise. Your post is a could reminder!