Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Woman in the Mirror--Simple Devotion

For Today...
Dear Lord,
I bring you my shortcomings...for reading or hearing your Word and not making it more of a priority to remember to do it.
I bring you my worship and praise...Lord, thank you for being worthy to serve and to glorify. If we only knew how awesome you really are, we would not cease to praise you...
I bring you my prayer...that I would get my priorities straight this year; that I would spend more time practicing what you have been teaching me and less time trying to get organized and trying to maintain all kinds of frivolous stuff...
You spoke to me...as I did my Bible study to start a journal with thoughts on one side and a list of things I've learned on the other so I can remember and review it from time to time. No more being the person who looks in the mirror and then goes away and forgets...
If you would like to participate in this weekly exercise called "Simple Devotion", click here to find out how...

2 comments:

Jean said...

This is a great plan for prayer.
Confession
Worship
Petition & Intercession
Response

Thank you.
Jean
http://www.jeanmatthewhall.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

What a beautiful blog! So glad I came across it and I will be sure to stop by more often!