Sunday, December 14, 2008

Interesting & Amusing Minutia about Me

I got inspired by Awesome Amber to write one of these lists kinda like that "WinnDixie" movie. You think you know somebody...

50 Things About "Auntie BarBar"

  1. I'm a lefty.
  2. I'm 1/64 Iroquois Indian and proud to be even a tiny part Native American.
  3. I'm also a proud member of the McGregor clan and a DNA descendant of Rob Roy McGregor the famous Scottish folk hero.
  4. I love my cats, but won't take on more than 2 at a time!
  5. My secret alter ego is "The Tropical Cowgirl."
  6. I've never been to Hawaii, but I want to go there sometime before I die!
  7. I love traditional Hawaiian music and dancing.
  8. I love hammer dulcimer music in the morning; it's so happy sounding.
  9. Ditto for mandolin music, and someday I hope to be able to play them both proficiently.
  10. I used to dislike country music, but since 911 I discovered many excellent songwriters in that genre that convey what a lot of Americans have been feeling since then...
  11. I love to beautify things; I feel that is part of my job in life. Someones gotta do it!!!
  12. I love God with all my heart, my soul, and my strength.
  13. I love people and secretly wish they could all experience God's unfathomable love like I and many others do...
  14. My heart goes out to those who struggle with issues and still refuse God's help and love.
  15. I'm soooo thankful for all the blessings God had given me through the people in my life.
  16. Even though God's plan for us didn't include having any kids, my original family is still very important to me.
  17. I adore my husband of 26 years; he is a strong, steady soul despite being an incomplete quadriplegic, and will always be my hero.
  18. I love chocolate, but my rule is not to buy it.
  19. I love pesto and I have a big, honkin' basil bush growing in my backyard and 6 baggies frozen in the freezer.
  20. I love, love, love, red!!!
  21. I love talking and writing; I guess communicating and sharing stuff in general.
  22. I was an "A" student and graduated a year early from high school.
  23. I love the beach; the smell of the sea air, the sound of the waves and seagulls, the beauty of it all, sand, water, sun...
  24. I love the mountains; the fresh air, the trees, water, sounds of birds and water and wind, and being outdoors in nature in general.
  25. I love to draw, paint, and sketch.
  26. I enjoy quilting and thinking about all the beautiful things you can do with it.
  27. I adore my sister, Shell, who inspires me almost daily and I'm grateful for all the joys that her family brings to my life.
  28. I love soup and crusty, rustic sourdough bread when it's cold outside.
  29. I enjoy the look and sound of warm fire in the evenings in the fall and wintertime.
  30. I love movement, which is a weird thing for me to say while sitting in one place all afternoon blogging my heart out!!!
  31. I studied Chinese medicine and macrobiotic cooking back in the 90's and sometimes I use it to re-balance myself.
  32. I love games like Scrabble and Upwards--I'm the word person; Bill's the numbers person.
  33. My best friend owns a big international craft stamp company, and I am in awe of her talents and her servants heart.
  34. I'm a collector of beautiful stuff and of supplies to create beautiful stuff. And I love the word "stuff".
  35. I'm a "clothes horse".
  36. I'm an INFP; look that one up in your Funkenwagnel!
  37. I sing in an awesome choir, with a lot of very talented singers and musicians.
  38. I lost my achin' gallbladder a year ago & God's given me a new lease on life!! Yahooooo!!!
  39. One of my favorites songs is, "When I Get Where I'm Goin'" by Brad Paisley.
  40. Ever since I had an NDE, I know God loves us completely, more then we'll ever know.
  41. I have the same dream: that people would not be judged by the color of their skin, but on the content of their character...
  42. I wish I could play a wood or clay flute.
  43. I love to cruise good yard sales, thrift stores, and flea markets for beautiful items.
  44. I'm completely in awe of God and can't wait for Jesus to come back in all His Glory!!!!
  45. I love dance and I envy other cultures that have their own special dances...
  46. I used to be a sprinter in school and used to run everywhere when I wasn't on my bike.
  47. Ice cream is my favorite "junk" food; another food I won't buy or I'll eat it all.
  48. I used to wear hiking boots all the time--I lived in Washington state 17 years.
  49. I have an awesome Mom who amazes me with her love and unique ways. Her wholesomeness has helped me to become the person that I am today...
  50. I'm thankful to be part of three great families: mine, Bill's and God's; I love them all "no matter what"...because they are a special gift given to me to help me grow in love.
Whew, enough already about me....PS My dear Daddy was pretty awesome too, but I want to devote a whole blog entry to him later....

3 comments:

Anwen said...

I don't know, I bet I could hear more...like tell us about the good times you remember from home when you were in grade school...something like that.

Anwen said...

p.s. my post about me is under my 'random thoughts' label and it's called "things I love."

Oh and I love scrabble!

GrammieC said...

Maybe someday I will write a blog like that. Writing is not something I "love" to do like my daughter and sister and husband. Hmmm.. does Amber like writing also. I'll check that list! Maybe I'll write about ten things! Great job Barb!