Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Simple Woman

FOR TODAY December 4, 2008... Outside my window...It's dark, but there are white icicle lights with round red bulbs lined around the top on my next door neighbor's house. I am thinking...I'm going to have to finish this later because I have to leave in 10 minutes to go to a Bible Study. I am thankful for...thoughtful and creative blogspots; I'm still totally gobsmacked by them and the beautiful people that create them--thank you!!! From the learning rooms...To trust the Holy Spirit to guide my life and to be still and listen to Him... From the kitchen...Brown rice and veggies for my finiky stomach--oh the joys of getting older--just can't eat what I used to... I am wearing...White long sleeve V-neck tee with black Travelers pants, a red quilted vest and brown Uggs. I am creating...An appliqued quilt square for a quilt my Bible Study putting together to a raffle off to help Dalit women of India next spring. I am going...To my Bible study in just a few moments. I am reading...Galations 5:16-26 in Max Lucado's study of Galations. I am hoping...I will get there on time! I am hearing...My laptop making it's funny little hums and clicks and my hubby milling around in the next room, and my cat's claws ticking down the hall across the Pergo floor. Around the house...Not a creature is stirring, not even a mouse. Lots to be done, as usual... One of (a few) my favorite things...Love, God's love and the tradition and beauty of Christmas. Also retro Christmas carols... A few plans for the rest of the week: Finish this blog piece, rethink meal plans to help lower cholesterol, work on Christmas cards and gifts that need sending out. Sing in 3 services this weekend with our wonderful choir and go to a Third Day/By the Tree benefit concert!! Here is picture thought I am sharing... See above photo by Lillie A Faris, I don't know how to get it down here--waaaaa!!! Please go to: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ if you would like to do one of these daybooks--it's fun!!

1 comment:

Anwen said...

Hi Auntie! It's so nice to get a glimpse into your day. I love you!