Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Leftovers Anyone?

Yesterday I found myself with a lot of leftovers from the family reunion and decided to make some soup; now that it isn't too hot outside, it sounded like a good idea and I didn't want to waste the bounty that was so generously given to us. So I went to work on a vegetable and turkey soup and viola!!! We have soup...
Next, we had leftover yams from Christmas dinner that I had cooked on the grill with the intention of using the leftovers for "Yamwiches!!" A yamwich is made with a cooked yam, some chicken, a T of mayo, and some seasoning all wrapped in a steamed collard green leaf!!! Super healthy and super good... Take a look; I photoed it for you!!

2 comments:

Amber <3 said...

That Yamwhich looks super good. I'm not a big fan of Yam's but I might have to try that sometime!

Jean said...

I LOVE "left-overs soup!" And those yam-wiches look delicious. I plant a small garden and have fresh leafy greens most of the year. Thanks for the new way to prepare them.

Blessings,
Jean