Saturday, December 13, 2008

Blog Your Heart Out

Words are a special gift from God. People that share them in a productive, creative way are such a blessing. It is truly a gift.
A couple years ago I saw a class in the continuing ed booklet for a free journaling class. I was intrigued, so I signed up and what a nice surprise. Ten to fifteen complete strangers, mostly women, writing about a certain subject each from their own unique perspective. The most beautiful thing of all to me was I had no idea those kind of thoughts and experiences would come from a particular person. If I saw that person on the street, I would have no access to the depth and beauty of what that person wrote in that small circle of women. It really gave me new respect for the comman person's experience. I learned that people have gone through a lot in their lives, especially the older folk, and I just loved to hear about the way things were compared to how they are now.
I feel so blessed to have the blogosphere space to "blog my heart out" and to be able to read what's on your heart too (or to see your latest creative masterpiece!) Being able to speak about what's on your heart and about the things that are important--whether sacred or frivolous--is the key to unlocking the mystery of another person so as to know and love that person too. If we only knew the inner workings of our fellow man, we would be more connected and compassionate...
P.S Sweet Pea the cat says, "Have a purrrrrlovely day!"

2 comments:

Anwen said...

Hi Auntie! That is a great photo! And I know what you mean. I will misjudge people so often, thinking, they're the type that doesn't like to cook and make crafts, just because of the way they look or what they majored in. There are so many people out there with such depht of experience. I want to get to know more of them. Thanks for your toughts and kisses. XOXO

Anwen said...

Ahg that was a horrible comment. I didn't even check the spelling! And so disconnected. I guess I meant that there are a lot of kindred spirits out there, and there are also so many people who could teach us something.